Who is the data controller?
University of Granada Secretary's Office
Address: Hospital Real
Avenida del Hospicio s/n,18071 Granada
Telephone: +34 958 240874
Email address of the Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
For what purposes is your personal data processed?
The data is processed for the purposes of managing various science events (conferences, seminars, etc.) organised by the University of Granada.
This personal data is used for:
• Managing registration and participation in the event.
• Issuing credentials.
• Issuing certificates accrediting attendance or participation.
Is there an obligation to provide data? What are the consequences of not doing so?
Failure to provide the requested data will make it impossible to achieve the purpose or purposes of the data processing.
Estimated storage period:
The data will be stored for the time required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected and to establish any possible liabilities that may arise from said purpose and from the data processing.
In this regard, the documents containing the personal data necessary to accredit studies undertaken will be stored indefinitely.
Automated decision-making, profiles, and logic applied:
Your data will not be used for automated decision-making or profiling.
What are the legal grounds for the processing of your data?
The University of Granada is entitled to process your data under the provisions of:
- Art. 6.1.e) of the GDPR: processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
- Organic Law 2/2023, of 22 March, of the Universitary System.
- Law 14/2011, of 1 June, on Science, Technology and Innovation.
Which recipients will your data be communicated?
UGR website, institutional accounts on social media, media. Companies or entities (if any) for which you have given informed consent.
- International transfers of data:
- Data processors:
Conference planning agencies
Formación y Gestión SLMP
What are your rights regarding the processing of your personal data?
You can exercise the following rights before the University of Granada in relation to your personal data:
- Right of access: You have the right to know if the University of Granada is processing personal data concerning you, the purposes of the processing, the origin of this data, and if it has been or is going to be transferred to a third party.
- Right to rectification or erasure: You have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal data or, where applicable, to request the erasure of personal data when, among other reasons, the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected.
- Right to request the restriction of processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your data, in which case it will only be stored for the exercise or defence of claims.
- Right to object: In certain circumstances and on grounds relating to your particular situation, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you, in which case the University of Granada shall no longer process the data unless it demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or this is required for the exercise or defence of claims.
You may exercise these rights before the aforementioned data controller through the UGR e-Administration Platform (https://sede.ugr.es).
The relevant regulations and forms are available on the following website: http://secretariageneral.ugr.es/pages/proteccion_datos/derechos
For further information, please contact: @email.
Furthermore, if you submit a request to exercise these rights but consider that it has not been properly addressed by our institution, you can contact our Data Protection Officer (email@example.com) or file a complaint before the competent supervisory authority, in accordance with the following procedure: https://www.ctpdandalucia.es/area-de-proteccion-de-datos
How have we obtained your data?
We process personal data that you have provided to us.
The categories of data that we process are:
. Identification data: name and surname, email address, image.
. Academic and professional data: academic and professional curriculum.
. Details of employment: position held.
. Financial data: bank details.